Monday, May 7, 2012

Starry Night Mani

This mani was created because I had a water marbling disaster and got fed up, so I decided to try my hand at a starry look with a little bit of a gradient. I started with a base of Sinful Colors What's Your Name, a black creme polish with teal micro glitter.




Next, I used a sponge to add Essie Aruba Blue about 3/4 of the way down all the way to the tip.



Then, I covered the entire nail with a thin coat of Confetti's Ice Ice Baby, a clear jelly base with fine blue and teal glitter.



Next, I sponged a bit of China Glaze Optical Illusion onto the tips. 



And finally, a thin layer of Essie Set In Stones to add some large "stars." Set In Stones is a clear base with various shapes and sizes of silver glitter, including both round and hexagon.





Of course, when I was done I topped everything off with a healthy layer of Seche Vite. Please pardon the mess around my cuticles, I'm working on it! 


I took these pictures after 3 days of wear. The only chips are near my cuticles where I picked at the imperfections in the polish (bad, I know!) and there was some minor tip wear. Otherwise, it held up great! So much glitter and shine in this one.

And some closeups too!




This is a fun look that I threw together pretty quickly. It wasn't exactly what I visualized when I started, but I'm happy with the final look! Tell me what you think, and feel free to post links to your own starry manicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment